alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Backing up to DVDs .
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC Add To Bookmarks
Backing up to DVDs .
PostPosted: 05/11/2005 6:48 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Bobby
Citation
Posts 5352
Word Cnt. 902,182
BDay Jun 19
Sign Gemini
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 2:13 AM
usaCa.gif
I recently purchased Acronis TI and backed up my "C" drive image to an external HDD.  Acronis TI is supposed to accomodate backin gup to CDs also.  In my search for information as to how to do this I have encountered several statements which are supposed to apply.  UDF Packet-Writing software is required to burn backup images to CDs;  2 of these software varieties are Roxio's Drag to Disc and  Ahead Nero's InCD.  I read also that Win Xp also contained Packet-Writing software as well as some drives include it in their software bundle.  My (D) drive is a LITE-ON Combo LTC-48161H  DVD/CD-R  and my (E) drive is a LITE-ON DVD=RW LDW-401S  DVD/CD-R.  I there a chance that the needed Packet-Writing software is already on my computer somewhere?  If so where?  I would like to know how to burn my backup to DVDs and will do so as an additoonal safeguard.  Thanks.  Bobby
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Bobby Send private message   Phoogle Map
Re: Backing up to DVDs .
PostPosted: 05/11/2005 4:02 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Local time: 3:13 AM
peace.gif
You should be able to write your TrueImage images to your DVD since you do have a DVD writer.  The TI image files will never exceed the 4 GB limit and blank DVDs can contain up to 4.7 GB of data.  Of course sometimes very large images have to be saved on more than one file, so you would have to use more than one DVD if you have a very large image that spans multiple files...

I don't think you will have any trouble at all though.  A TI image is just a very large file.  If you can burn other files to a blank DVD, then you will have no trouble burning your TI images to DVD...

I use Nero for my backups...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Re: Backing up to DVDs .
PostPosted: 05/11/2005 4:59 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Bobby
Citation
Posts 5352
Word Cnt. 902,182
BDay Jun 19
Sign Gemini
Local time: 2:13 AM
usaCa.gif
Thank you for the response, NR.  Bobby
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Bobby Send private message   Phoogle Map
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC