alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Pruning inactive users error
Goto page: Previous  1, 2
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
Re: Pruning inactive users error
PostPosted: 05/15/2008 4:09 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 7:26 AM
peace.gif
There are only 3 members in the Hobbies forum.  There was one missing Group record, so I added it.  So try this again and see what happens...

I have no idea where user_id 23 came from since there are only 3 members in the Groups table in your Hobbies forum.  So did this error come from a different forum???

dontknow
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 05/16/2008 9:14 AM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 6:26 AM
usaCa.gif
I have no earthly idea about that '23' that wasn't making sense to me at all and there are not that many on any forum.
Thanks I'll try it now.
View user's profile Find all posts by KeeKee Send private message   Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 05/16/2008 9:38 AM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
Nope still....
Could not find group information for this user: "23"
DEBUG MODE
Line : 127
File : delete_users.php

I was going to ask about going into the data base, I'm totally lost in there though.
View user's profile Find all posts by KeeKee Send private message   Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 05/17/2008 12:05 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Ok, I must be looking at the wrong database.  The phpbbhobby_users table that I'm looking at only has 3 members, but when I log into your Hobbies forum, there are 6 members.  I tried to log into your FTP Server to get the updated info from your config.php file, but the login failed.  So all of my information on your site seems to be outdated and useless...

There is another phpbbhob_users table in that database, but it has 20 members, but only 10 are active and only 6 have ever posted.  So I'm guessing that this is the table currently being used by your Hobbies forum and that would explain the user_id number 23 belonging to member Addickup.  I'm guessing that this was a spammer that was supposed to have been deleted...

In your phpbbhob_user_group there should be at least one record for every member, but there are only 12 members linked here.  So there are at least 8 missing records in the phpbbhob_user_group table.  In addition, there should be at least one record for each member in the phpbbhob_groups, but there are only 12 there as well.  So you have too many members in your phpbbhob_users table or not enough records in your phpbbhob_user_group and phpbbhob_groups tables...

This is the current list of members in your phpbbhob_users table who are not active and/or have never posted.  Do you want me to delete any of these???

Brick wall
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 05/17/2008 12:40 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
Keep New register, Marykate, MaryAnn, and Texas wildflower.

Yes that other stuff is from way back ages ago when new forums were set up  cause I thought the others were totaled.
I don't know how to remove that stuff without going one record at a time which you can tell would take forever I was doing it little by little but then forgot about it.
PostPosted: 05/17/2008 4:15 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Yes, I can use MySql front to remove a bunch of records and quickly add new ones to your database.  It's much faster and easier than using phpMyAdmin...

I cleaned up your phpbbhob_users, phpbbhob_user_group, and phpbbhob_groups tables.  Check to see if everything is working correctly now...

munky2
PostPosted: 05/18/2008 11:39 AM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
Everything looks clean there. Will have to wait till need to delete to see about errors.  I should have said I was using the non activate part of the prune users, I found that to be the quickest way to get them out of the database, pretty cool when you can delete 70+ names with just one click.

So is that mysql front something I can learn to use or do you have to be a guru?  LOL
PostPosted: 05/18/2008 2:55 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
MySql-Front is a program that gives you direct access to your database.  This is something that you can learn to use pretty easily.  MySql-Front is a very powerful program which can be used to do a lot of things really quickly, but on the same note, you can really make a mess if you make any serious mistakes.  There is no undo to anything you do there unless you always make sure to create good backups of the tables and data that you are modifying...

munky2
PostPosted: 05/18/2008 10:23 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
Ahhh, thanks will look into it.
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support