alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Emoticons won't work in quick reply and in genRock!
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC Add To Bookmarks
Emoticons won't work in quick reply and in genRock!
PostPosted: 04/07/2005 4:22 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Spider
Citation
Posts 3792
Word Cnt. 212,332
BDay Jan 21
Sign Aquarius
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 1:35 AM
blank.gif
Just wanted to point out that the Emoticons don't work in genRock and in Quick reply mode. I have to copy the code in order to get them there... They show up to the left, but when hitting them, nothing happens...

I am not desperate to have them work right away or even ever if it is a big change that you have to make, but just FYI! For me it is easy to type the code or just drag the emoticon right into the "pad" and erase the symbols that don't belong to it.

It does work when quoting and posting new messages though!
View user's profile Find all posts by Spider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Phoogle Map Google Talk
Re: Emoticons won't work in quick reply and in genRock!
PostPosted: 04/08/2005 3:31 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 11:35 PM
texasC.gif
Spider, the emoticons don't work in some of the styles.  Nightrider has been working on it.  

But, did you try out the My Notes link at the top?  That is a real neat utility, you save what you want, including emoticons, in My Notes and then just add them to you message by selecting the note you want from the drop down menu at the botton of the posting window just under the ImageShack button, click Add and they are added and you get a preview wndow to see how it looks.

I have now added a bunch of stuff to My Notes. If you missed the discussion on that Mod here it is.  That explains it better than I can.

http://4fxearth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=38683
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Emoticons won't work in quick reply and in genRock!
PostPosted: 04/08/2005 11:44 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 1:35 AM
peace.gif
When I applied the upgrade for Quick Reply, the emoticons only worked in the "gen" templates.  But after I made quite a few adjustments to all of the templates in an attempt to standardize them, I somehow broke the emoticon functionality in the "gen" templates too.  I have no idea why they worked or what I did to break them, so I wrote the developer in hopes that he would provide some answers or clues to the problem so that I might be able to fix it in all the templates.  I received no response from the developer though.  I need to write him again in hopes that he might respond.  I need to make myself the squeaky wheel I guess...

Like rb mentioned, you can create Notes for all of your favorite emoticons.  Once they are added, you can use the Note option to add your favorite emoticon to your posts.  That is a good workaround for now...

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC