alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Journals
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
Re: Journals
PostPosted: 05/19/2006 4:32 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 7:06 AM
usaCa.gif
Oh if you are wondering about that link. It is a backup board for a support group I belong to.  I play their webmaster.   I cut my teeth on playing with code over on the free Excoboards.  They have certainly came a long way since I started with them a couple yrs ago and I like their boards esp the fact that you only have to put up with the google menu at the top. It's perfect for people who don't want to own their database.  That would not work for my website project I needed to own and be in control the database and that along with not being able to afford software or know coding led me to the PHPbb.

The PHPbb felt right immediately for me as I believe in open source.  But now I get to go thru the learning curve all over again and I never really reached the top rung on Exco  Embarassed
View user's profile Find all posts by KeeKee Send private message   Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 05/21/2006 2:59 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 8:06 AM
peace.gif
KeeKee wrote:
Well maybe before I start on it I should ask about the quick reply mod with a dictionary mod next to it.  Like we did here (except a little more centered up).
http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/thread.php?forumid=77650&threadid=441585

You probably don't get to see the Quick Reply option unless you are logged in.  I don't see it...

KeeKee wrote:
Beyond that I want to put in the code that stops moderators from seeing peoples IP address.  And plan 2 (maybe 3) drop down menus in the header of the boards one will lead to the other message boards and the second will lead to quick shopping pages on my site.

This project has been on the shelf too long time to get off my asp and get it going.

It sounds like you have enough to keep you out of trouble for a bit...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 08/26/2006 6:07 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
Your gonna love me for this one ' NOT 'but you did say ask.

I like the journals system mod.  It has a nice clean look that seems a part of the board and is not teeny bopper inviting.

I have all this stuff laid out in a (hand written) flow chart.  with mods down left hand column, boards across the top, each board will have the mods added in the exact same order. (check mark under the board name when mod is added (spreadsheet method)).
Since I would like to keep it and stay in sequence......

You said:
"It had a couple of IN-LINE statements that didn't have the IN-LINE FIND part too.  After adding the IN-LINE FIND part, the Journal MOD installed successfully."

What file do I open and what do I add or replace for the In-Line Find part?

You said:  "After installing the Journal MOD, I noticed that the text was missing in the overall_header.tpl menu."

What text needs added?

Fixing these first then installing ought to make things go easier.  I understand that you said it needs to be redone as it adds but doesn't show it.
View user's profile Find all posts by KeeKee Send private message   Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 09/03/2006 1:45 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
Well I guess I'm letting this one go for now I know blog/journal stuff is something people like but as seen in above post the one I am using has problems and I don't see it being worked on.

I searched over on phpbb support and found another one (seems to be the # ONE) that is suppose to be premo but it has issues and the originator dissappeared (prayers that he is ok) and no-one has been deemed taking it over.  
Darn shame it looked really promising.
PostPosted: 09/03/2006 5:48 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
KeeKee, don't give up on the Journal MOD.  If the MOD script is flawed, I can help you fix it.  I just need a link for the MOD to take a look at it...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 09/04/2006 4:16 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
KeeKee, it looks like you have the Journal MOD installed on your Home-n-Family forum.  Are you getting error messages when you attempt to create a Journal?  I created a Test Journal without any trouble at all...

dontknow
PostPosted: 09/04/2006 7:29 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
The journals system...
According to this page last post in May there are several things with the journal system that need done. It hasn't been validated.  This is the one installed on home-n-family. Not so sure that is the one to stick with.
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=355128&start=60

P.S. You had to do something with missing text and a find thing when you installed this. And Em was telling you the files wern't there when you went in and saw they were.

I did a first test when you loaded it and it went public just fine I remember marking it that way but don't remember how.  Couple/three days ago when I tried to do another 2 test entries was gonna make one public  and one private,  It didn't work as it made both entries private and there is no place in the post entry to change it or in my personal profile control panel. That isn't right.
I checked the admin control panel all that does is allows the admin to allow users to make entries private or not.

The BLog Mod 0.2.4...
This thing looks more complicated than what I'm thinking of for my forums. and in all the reading I think I saw somewhere that there was a problem with authenication. I also saw a post And of course it is not done either.  Is anything ever finished? Smile

The actual support forum of the person who made it...
http://www.theblogmod.com/community/index.php

The phpbb link...
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=333897&postdays=0&postorder =asc&start=0

Maybe with you being around the mod block a few more times than me you know of a solution using another mod found elsewhere if so please tell me.

My idea of a nice one is one that lets you use the entry just like on the board with smilies (journal.sys does), the connections to pm-email avatar, comments turn on/off.  Admin control in acp,  some user profile control, and a way for people to know if someone has made a new entry without having to click on the journal to see. (That I see on all users post thoughts on no matter the mod)

I'll wait for your response to proceed with this. While maybe taking a peek over on the phphacks.

Eiko (an admin) on the hobbies can't log in again...Darn gotta try to fix that for her.
PostPosted: 09/05/2006 6:41 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
KeeKee wrote:
P.S. You had to do something with missing text and a find thing when you installed this. And Em was telling you the files wern't there when you went in and saw they were.

I did a first test when you loaded it and it went public just fine I remember marking it that way but don't remember how.

I installed that for you?  Boy I really don't remember doing that.  I'm glad you can keep track of everything that has been done and who did it...

KeeKee wrote:
Maybe with you being around the mod block a few more times than me you know of a solution using another mod found elsewhere if so please tell me.

To be honest, I really don't know much about Blog MODs.  I'm not quite sure I understand why they are so popular.  It seems like forums are a more natural way to communicate with people...

dontknow
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support