alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Some advice needed
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
Some advice needed
PostPosted: 08/27/2006 10:39 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Karen
Citation
Posts 1253
Word Cnt. 68,166
BDay Nov 9
Sign Scorpio
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 3:51 PM
greatbrE.gif
Hi -  I feel bad for not posting and then only posting when I need help but I'm so fed up and need some advice please  Embarassed

I had someone install an MKportal on my site and its thrown up a few problems but because I don't know very much I'm struggling to put them right. I'm asking on the help forums but who knows if and when someone will relpy or can help.

Anyway here are my problems-

No-one can change anything in their profile, they get a 'please enter a valid birthday' message but either they do and nothing changes or they already have one in their profile and nothing changes. I tried deactivating the birthday mod in my ACP but it made no difference.

I can't install any more smilies, I upload them to my smilie file but they aren't showing up when I go to install them in the smilie CP

We use blue clouds to show new posts but they keep disappearing once a member checks their PM's.

I also have a size issue with posts, the index page is fine but the deeper you go into the site means that the posts are wide and therefore the blocks on the right are off the page and you have to scroll across (not so important, I hid them from my portal CP for now)

I'm beginning to wish I hadn't bothered now, do you think they are issues worth sorting or should I just get rid of the portal?  I did a backup a few days ago so I'm assuming I can just overwrite with that...but I did pay the person to install the portal so it will be money down the drain.

Are these things down to the person I paid to sort out or not, I paid for her to install the portal which she's done so do I assume any probs that occur are mine to sort out?

Sorry feel a bit ditherly about this, I'm just not sure what to do for the best - silly hormonal woman!

Thanks for any advice!!  notworthy

Karen x
View user's profile Find all posts by Karen Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Some advice needed
PostPosted: 08/27/2006 1:44 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 11:51 AM
peace.gif
Karen, I was ready to log into your FTP Server and take a look, but I can't find any of the FTP login details for your site.  Haven't I worked on your site before?  If so, it seems that I have misplaced your FTP login details.  If you want me to take a closer look at this for you, send me a PM and we can go from there...

Embarassed
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 08/27/2006 1:56 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Karen
Citation
Posts 1253
Word Cnt. 68,166
BDay Nov 9
Sign Scorpio
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 3:51 PM
greatbrE.gif
Oh really that would be great!!

Thanks so much I will pm you now (yes you sorted my userclass mod for me Smile )
View user's profile Find all posts by Karen Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 08/27/2006 2:30 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 11:51 AM
peace.gif
I thought I had worked directly on your site but it appears that my "bookkeeping" hasn't been so great.  I've helped a lot of people, and at first, I tried to remember who went to what site.  But I quickly found that I can't remember all the details so I started a log on each site.  Apparently when I helped you, it was before my logs started...

Embarassed
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support