alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Backup Database (Blake help)
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
Backup Database (Blake help)
PostPosted: 04/16/2006 6:11 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 9:33 AM
usaCa.gif
I still can't backup my forums database within the admin, and my host has been bought out by an other company they will be moving my files some time in May to a new server, so I am in a big need to get it backed up.

Guess I can't put this off any longer Sad

Backing up my db vie the forums admin that is what backs up all the forums post and member accts right?  
Can this also be done by just backing up using the phpMyAdmin?

If so how do I back up vie phpMyAdmin and would I have to restore it the same way we did when I made my test board?  or is there an easy way of restoring vie phpMyAdmin?

Thanks
View user's profile Find all posts by Jaddon Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Backup Database (Blake help)
PostPosted: 04/17/2006 11:20 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 10:33 AM
peace.gif
Jaddon wrote:
Backing up my db vie the forums admin that is what backs up all the forums post and member accts right?   Can this also be done by just backing up using the phpMyAdmin?

Yes, you can do a full backup of your database through phpMyAdmin or MySql-Front.  They both call it Export though.  If you want to be on the safe side, I can download a backup of your database too...

Jaddon wrote:
If so how do I back up vie phpMyAdmin and would I have to restore it the same way we did when I made my test board?  or is there an easy way of restoring vie phpMyAdmin?

Yes, if you use phpMyAdmin, you will need to restore it the same way if need be.  I would hope that your new host would take care of all the details though so you wouldn't be forced to do anything after the move.  It's good to have backups no matter what though...

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 04/23/2006 7:23 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 9:33 AM
usaCa.gif
thanks Blake I got the backups  headbang  as always you saved my site Smile  Thanks!!!
View user's profile Find all posts by Jaddon Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 04/24/2006 1:29 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 10:33 AM
peace.gif
You should probably double check the db backup to make sure that all the tables are included in it before it is too late.  You can open the sql file in a good text editor.  I use UltraEdit to access my sql files.  If the database backup is large, it can take a very long time to open in some text editors and others just choke when you attempt it...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support