alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Added Strikethrough BBCode Button...
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Announcements Add To Bookmarks
Added Strikethrough BBCode Button...
PostPosted: 10/24/2004 2:45 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 5:50 AM
peace.gif
I removed the MD5 BBCode button and replaced it with the Strikethrough button.  The Strikethrough button is now located directly below the Bold BBCode button in the Compose window.

I also rearranged the buttons a bit...

Strikethrough Code in Compose window:
[s]Test[/s]

Strikethrough Actual Display:
Test

If for some strange reason, someone would want to use the MD5 functionality, it is still available but you will have to hand code it in your post instead of using a button.  I see no real use for MD5 here...

MD5 Code in Compose window:
[md5]Test[/md5]

MD5 Actual Display:
0cbc6611f5540bd0809a388dc95a615b
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Re: Added Strikethrough BBCode Button...
PostPosted: 10/24/2004 4:09 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 3:50 AM
texasC.gif
I really hadn't meant to reply but had to open the window to see what all you did and as long as it was open I figured I may as well write something.

Humm, I've been coding the Bold in by hand.  I may still do that unless it now works better than before.  It doesn't land where you click with the cursor, it always shows up at the end of the post for me.   Does it for you also?

For instance if I wanted to go back and bold the word window in the first line I would have to code it by hand, right?  There doesn't appear to be a way to get the button to do it.

Font color the same way.  BTW, why would I want the strikethrough?

View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Added Strikethrough BBCode Button...
PostPosted: 10/24/2004 4:27 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 5:50 AM
peace.gif
All of these forums work the same way when using BBCodes.  When you press the button, it adds the appropriate code at the end of the document.  So you have to plan as you go.  If you want to bold a word, you need to hit the B button before typing it and moving on.  Otherwise, you would have to cut and paste it where you want it.  The same is true with emoticons.  I don't have a way to change that functionality right now...

The strikethrough is handy if you are trying to make a point.  In SE, it was often used to "imply" one word but then actually say another.  Someone could say, DE is a real asshole jerk.  That gets the point across...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Announcements