alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
anyway we can trim down?
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Bugs/Suggestions/Comments Add To Bookmarks
anyway we can trim down?
PostPosted: 01/24/2006 5:29 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Peggysue
Citation
Posts 428
Word Cnt. 24,335
BDay N/A
Sign N/A
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 12:59 PM
blank.gif
some of the extras on the board here? lol im asking in hopes it will help speed up the pages laoding here... no offfeense but this is the worste:( n slowest page turnin forum i belong to, and i was thinking that possibly becuase there is so much stuff per page/forums etc on here? correct me if im wrong , if so i was asking in example like... some of the extras up top like digest ,calendar ,ezstyle ect.. posssibly some stuff alot of members really dont use or need? if so would this help?

( only used those examples as i looked above) for all i know folks may get great use of them, me personally dont use anything but the reply buttons lol:)
View user's profile Find all posts by Peggysue Send private message   Phoogle Map
anyway we can trim down?
PostPosted: 01/24/2006 6:30 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Local time: 11:59 AM
texasC.gif
Peg, there are times the "page turning" is very slow, usually very late at night, that is not the fault of what's on the pages but rather our host and their servers.  Sometimes their servers get overloaded and that slows things down.  If it get too slow I call them and they switch us to a server that is not so busy.  It was pretty bad last night for a while.

I don't know how the contents of the page effect the load, something Blake will have to address.  

sunny
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: anyway we can trim down?
PostPosted: 01/24/2006 7:48 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Glenn I
Citation
Posts 2152
Word Cnt. 78,257
BDay Jun 15
Sign Gemini
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 3:59 AM
australC_1xa.gif
Sometimes it can be quick while other times, like right now is pretty quick.
View user's profile Find all posts by Glenn I Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
anyway we can trim down?
PostPosted: 01/24/2006 10:45 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Local time: 1:59 PM
peace.gif
Peggy, it's not the number of links at the top of the page that slows things down.  It's the amount of time it takes to transmit data back and forth from our file and database servers.  We are completely at the mercy of our host, their IP provider, as well as each of our own IP providers.  There isn't much I can do to speed things up even if I stripped RCF down to bare bones...

I built a community where there could be something available for everyone who comes here to enjoy.  I don't expect you or anyone else to have use for all the functionality here.  But what interests you may not interest the next member and visa versa.  IMO, we should provide enough to satisfy just about anyone who visits here...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Re: anyway we can trim down?
PostPosted: 01/24/2006 11:43 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Glenn I
Citation
Posts 2152
Word Cnt. 78,257
BDay Jun 15
Sign Gemini
Local time: 3:59 AM
australC_1xa.gif
I'm with www.3ix.com and they seem to be very reliable and quick. You might want to check them out.

Quote:
But what interests you may not interest the next member and visa versa.  IMO, we should provide enough to satisfy just about anyone who visits here...

Variety is the spice of life.
View user's profile Find all posts by Glenn I Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
anyway we can trim down?
PostPosted: 01/27/2006 9:29 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Peggysue
Citation
Posts 428
Word Cnt. 24,335
BDay N/A
Sign N/A
Local time: 12:59 PM
blank.gif
no problem, just thought i would ask, doesnt matter what time of day im here pages r always wayyyyy tooooo slow in loading, i feel like im on dialup:( and i would love to contribute more n spend more time here, but the pages r what prevents me from doing so....................but i post when i can:) thanks for the replies... peg flower
View user's profile Find all posts by Peggysue Send private message   Phoogle Map
anyway we can trim down?
PostPosted: 01/27/2006 9:36 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Local time: 1:59 PM
peace.gif
I will continue to investigate ways to speed things up.  But I doubt that there is much I can do that would make much of a difference.  It would be nice if our host would improve the speed on their servers...

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Bugs/Suggestions/Comments