alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Javascript author link
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> How To Add To Bookmarks
Re: Javascript author link
PostPosted: 10/19/2004 5:31 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 6:27 AM
texasC.gif
OK, here are the screen shots.  I think bigR will agree with me that she sees the same thing.

View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 10/19/2004 3:23 PM Reply with quote
Citation
bigR
Citation
Posts 3489
Word Cnt. 137,488
BDay Mar 5
Sign Pisces
Local time: 7:27 AM
blank.gif
Yes, that's it! I'd assumed the link might go to the poster's profile, though there's already a button for that at the bottom of each post. Just curious; it's not essential to using the forum.
PostPosted: 10/19/2004 3:49 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 8:27 AM
peace.gif
All I can do is repeat what I've already said.  I do not see what you are saying and I can't repeat it.  I've looked at the code and there is nothing obviously wrong.  So for me to make this problem go away for you, I may have to add functionality that may not be there now.  Since a modification like that could involve several units and a lot of research with very little benefit, I'm not sure it should be high on my priority list at this time...

Your ScreenshotsMy Screenshots

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 10/19/2004 4:40 PM Reply with quote
Citation
bigR
Citation
Posts 3489
Word Cnt. 137,488
BDay Mar 5
Sign Pisces
blank.gif
You use IE, Nightrider? I just now fired it up, and I see your screenshot in IE, but Rosalie's screenshot in Mozilla.

Verrrry eenteresting. (to borrow from Arte Johnson).
PostPosted: 10/19/2004 4:55 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
bigR wrote:
You use IE, Nightrider? I just now fired it up, and I see your screenshot in IE, but Rosalie's screenshot in Mozilla.  Verrrry eenteresting. (to borrow from Arte Johnson).

No I use Opera.  I avoid IE like the plague.  For my backup browser, I use StarOffice 5.2.  It displays the page almost the same as Opera.  Based on your response above, I am guessing that IE does too...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 10/19/2004 6:49 PM Reply with quote
Citation
bigR
Citation
Posts 3489
Word Cnt. 137,488
BDay Mar 5
Sign Pisces
blank.gif
Just now popped in with Opera, and you're right, it renders just as IE does. Also tried changing what Opera identifies itself as, and that didn't make any difference. Just a check to see if different pages are served up to different browsers, and they're not, far as I can tell.
PostPosted: 10/19/2004 9:10 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
I've looked at the underlying code and I can't see anything that would convince Netscape or Mozilla that there should be more than just text for the Member Name.  If the functionality is there, it isn't obvious to me.  The fact that none of the other browsers think there is anything there makes me think this might be more of a Netscape/Mozilla issue...

Perhaps if there is enough of a call to make the Member Name into a hyperlink, I can change the code to link to the Member stats or something.  But since I don't know enough about how all the code works together yet, it would take some research before I could add the functionality.  Right now, I just don't think it's worth the effort...

headbang
PostPosted: 10/19/2004 10:35 PM Reply with quote
Citation
bigR
Citation
Posts 3489
Word Cnt. 137,488
BDay Mar 5
Sign Pisces
blank.gif
You're right it's not worth fooling with. Just in case you're curious, here's the code Mozilla has for your name, along with the "Site Admin" just below it:

<span class="name">Nightrider</span><br><span class="postdetails">Site Admin<br>

That javascript part is what shows in rb2's screenshot, way down at the bottom.
PostPosted: 10/20/2004 1:07 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
bigR wrote:
<span class="name">Nightrider</span><br><span class="postdetails">Site Admin<br>

That javascript part is what shows in rb2's screenshot, way down at the bottom.

I didn't find any code that matched most of what you provided, but I found code that was close.  There was a segment containing the following that didn't quite make sense to me.  I commented it out and can't see any difference without it in Opera.  Do you see any difference in Mozilla/Netscape???
<a name="{postrow.U_POST_ID}"></a>

headbang
PostPosted: 10/20/2004 1:30 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Local time: 6:27 AM
texasC.gif
Nope, everything still looks the same.  Are we going to try for 150 posts?   We're going to have to step it up, I think we are only at 18 or 19.  Man! how many pages would 150 posts take?  Especially if you only put one post per page!   LOL

View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> How To