alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
i/e and at&t
Goto page: 1, 2  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC Add To Bookmarks
i/e and at&t
PostPosted: 11/08/2005 6:46 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Peggysue
Citation
Posts 428
Word Cnt. 24,335
BDay N/A
Sign N/A
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 10:55 AM
blank.gif
hi gang tryin to download latest versions of these and or to possibly fix some problems, i did quick search on i/e and got some jive website, wasnt sure if it was the one i needed and or wanted,, can someone please post a realiable site and or link so i can do this... thanks..

also my at&t....all i have with them is the "any connection plan" where i pay my small fee monthly jusy to use their email addys as i need em for my work purposes... sooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i dont need the full install:(

went to their members page n saw an update, but again dont want nor need their full versions, anyone who may possibly have at&t and can help ide appreciate, thanks, peggy

i can see email page is lagging behind.. and when it will show lets say 17 new emails, it wont show them i have to click n refresh page in order to see them.. so this is a problem.....

all of this in sayin is probably happening becuase my kids father installed some of her pics on my pc lately n its now screwey:(

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Find all posts by Peggysue Send private message   Phoogle Map
i/e and at&t
PostPosted: 11/08/2005 7:15 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Local time: 9:55 AM
texasC.gif
Peg, I'm assuming you have two ISPs?  And you use at&t only for the ability to use their email for business?  I'm not sure why you are doing this because you can get free email accounts, as many as you want, with Yahoo, Juno, Netscape and many more without using the POP3 mail for your main ISP.

Since there is no email program to check for settings you may have to either call at&t or contact them through email and ask them about your problem. Obviously they have done an upgrade to their servers that is now producing unclickable URLs for you. They may have a solution.

In the meantime if you want to update your Java, go to Control Panel, scroll down to Java and double click on it to open properties.  Click the Update tab and at the bottom click Update now.  If you need an update it will install the one best suited to your PC.

View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
i/e and at&t
PostPosted: 11/08/2005 7:23 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
This is the latest IE I have.  I think there is another patch out there now but I'm waiting a few days before installing.

View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
i/e and at&t
PostPosted: 11/09/2005 12:58 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 11:55 AM
peace.gif
Doesn't AT&T provide you with a POP3 and SMTP addresses for your email accounts?  Did you know that you can get an official RCF email account that you can use just like your AT&T email that would free you from using any proprietary software?  If AT&T provides a POP3 addy, then you don't need to be tied to their software to receive your email.  Several of us can help you with the install and settings for other non AT&T applications if need be...

We are alloted 500 email accounts from our host and we are currently only using about 40-50 of them.  If you want email account(s) from RCF, complete with POP3 and SMTP addies, as well as Web Based access, don't hesitate to ask.  I would be more than happy to get you set up with it...

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
i/e and at&t
PostPosted: 11/09/2005 5:37 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Peggysue
Citation
Posts 428
Word Cnt. 24,335
BDay N/A
Sign N/A
blank.gif
i have 2 pcs -2 diff. rooms
we have comcast for the isp
doug used the wireless to network? them both.. so i sign on as well to comcast. ( wireless routers)

i used to have at&t for my pc- isp... but it was costly so i rid of them ( extra 30.00 a month)

BUT i had to keep all of my at&t email addys for my business and other reasons.. etc..

sooooooooooo.. i now pay at&t 5.00 a month JUST to use their email addys....instead of the 30 bucks.....

i have o/e BUT never set it up on my pc here:(

so i go to at&t's homepage to get my emails.......

im hopin u folks r understanding this....... prayer

now ive been noticing the lagging and screwey email crud etc.... so im thinkin maybe they have the problem?

and since doug added the pics on my pc, its been screwey as well... sooooooooooooooooooooooo thats y i wanted to update/fix... i/e and also at&t........ shall i just add o/e and use that? if so i have to find the in/outgoing pop info... etc...
im going to update i/e now.... thanks guys... peg
View user's profile Find all posts by Peggysue Send private message   Phoogle Map
i/e and at&t
PostPosted: 11/09/2005 5:54 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Yes, Peg, I understand fairly well now and yes I think the problem is with at&t.  

Go ahead and set up OE, that may solve your problem.  Actually I would suggest Thunderbird however go with whatever you're more comfortable with.  

You may have to call at&t for the POP and SMTP settings unless you remember them from the time before when you had the whole setup.  I'm pretty sure they would be the same. Listen carefully to what they say or set it up while on the phone, you have to type in exactly what they say.

Applause  wave  Applause
i/e and at&t
PostPosted: 11/09/2005 5:59 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Peggysue
Citation
Posts 428
Word Cnt. 24,335
BDay N/A
Sign N/A
blank.gif
i aint callin them..lol i spend all day on the phone.. hehehe i have it here somewhere n believe its at their site i just have to find it:(

btw i couldnt get the i/e update from your above post.... as it brought me to the.. arghhhhhhhh ya know that page u have here?  ill do a search, thanks hun.. ps hang with me ill keep ya busy lol wave
i/e and at&t
PostPosted: 11/09/2005 6:21 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif

OR

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx

I'm hanging in .................  Whahoooooooooooooooo

i/e and at&t
PostPosted: 11/09/2005 6:48 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Peggysue
Citation
Posts 428
Word Cnt. 24,335
BDay N/A
Sign N/A
blank.gif
In the Incoming mail server (POP3) box, type ipostoffice.worldnet.att.net.
In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type imailhost.worldnet.att.net.

when i added this it said it was invalid:( wassup?

arghhhhh

btw rosie... i updated to i/e version 6 ty

When using another Internet service
When you want to use Outlook to connect to your AT&T Worldnet account when using another Internet service, such as at your office or an airport Internet kiosk, there are special settings you must use.

Do one of the following:

Add your AT&T Worldnet e-mail account

On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
Click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
Click POP3, and then click Next.
Under User Information, do the following:
In the Your Name box, type your full name the way that you want it to appear to other people.
In the E-mail Address box, type your e-mail user name, including @worldnet.att.net.
Under Server Information, do the following:
In the Incoming mail server (POP3) box, type ipostoffice.worldnet.att.net.
In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type imailhost.worldnet.att.net.
Under Logon Information, do the following:
In the User Name box, type your e-mail ID. Do not include @worldnet.att.net.
In the Password box, type your password.
Select the Remember password check box.
Note  You have the option to have Outlook remember your password by typing it in the Password box and selecting the Remember password check box. Having Outlook remember your password means that you won't have to type your password each time you access the account; however, it also means that the account is vulnerable to anyone who has access to your computer. Use strong passwords that combine upper- and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. Weak passwords don't mix these elements. Strong password: Y6dh!et5. Weak password: House27. Use a strong password that you can remember so that you don't have to write it down.
i/e and at&t
PostPosted: 11/09/2005 6:50 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Peggysue
Citation
Posts 428
Word Cnt. 24,335
BDay N/A
Sign N/A
blank.gif
do i need to sign up under the comcast id? in order to do this? is this y it isnt working? arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh latedaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC