alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Javascript author link
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> How To Add To Bookmarks
Javascript author link
PostPosted: 10/17/2004 12:12 PM Reply with quote
Citation
bigR
Citation
Posts 3489
Word Cnt. 137,488
BDay Mar 5
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 8:14 AM
blank.gif
Where does the JavaScript on the author link go? It may be just my system, but when I click on a name, nothing happens. Win XP Pro SP1, Mozilla 1.7.3, pop-up setting is to allow requested pop-ups. I have no ad-blocker software. Anti-virus is Norton 2004, firewall Zone Alarm 5.1.033 (free version)

I'd take a guess it's my Mozilla that doesn't like the JS, but I haven't tested any other browser in here.
Re: Javascript author link
PostPosted: 10/17/2004 2:47 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 9:14 AM
peace.gif
bigR wrote:
Where does the JavaScript on the author link go? It may be just my system, but when I click on a name, nothing happens. Win XP Pro SP1, Mozilla 1.7.3, pop-up setting is to allow requested pop-ups. I have no ad-blocker software. Anti-virus is Norton 2004, firewall Zone Alarm 5.1.033 (free version)

I'd take a guess it's my Mozilla that doesn't like the JS, but I haven't tested any other browser in here.

I'm not sure I know what you're referring to.  But I'm making a guess that you're talking about the hyperlinks for each member's name.  It is just a hyperlink to the profile.php page.  It is a web page just like any other and shouldn't be blocked by pop-up blocking software, since it isn't a pop-up...

If this is what you're referring to, I'm surprised that you might have trouble with this page and not with any other.  They are almost all PHP pages...

Let me know if you were referring to something else so I can check into it.  Perhaps if you can provide a screenshot of the name that is causing you problem, that might help me narrow down some variables...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 10/17/2004 4:58 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Local time: 7:14 AM
texasC.gif
Nightrider, I think bigR means the member name in the Author Column on the left of this window.  If you place your cursor over the member name you get a hand indicating it's a hyperlink, however, when you click on it, even if it's your own, nothing happens.   I think this has been true ever since the forum was set up.

Smile
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 10/17/2004 5:13 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
BTW Nightrider, this happens even for an Administrator.  Don't tell me it works for you!?!

View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 10/17/2004 5:21 PM Reply with quote
Citation
bigR
Citation
Posts 3489
Word Cnt. 137,488
BDay Mar 5
Sign Pisces
Local time: 8:14 AM
blank.gif
Yes, rb2, you're right. I should've been more specifid -- the author's (poster's) name in the left hand column, above the avatar. The JS is this:
javascript:pn('rb2d2xp');

I wonder if that'll show up in the post...
PostPosted: 10/18/2004 11:56 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
rb2d2xp wrote:
Nightrider, I think bigR means the member name in the Author Column on the left of this window.  If you place your cursor over the member name you get a hand indicating it's a hyperlink, however, when you click on it, even if it's your own, nothing happens.   I think this has been true ever since the forum was set up.  Smile

That's not at all what I see.  I have never gotten the impression that the member name is a hyperlink in Opera.  I will take a look at the code and see if anything is broken though...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 10/19/2004 12:45 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
bigR wrote:
Yes, rb2, you're right. I should've been more specifid -- the author's (poster's) name in the left hand column, above the avatar. The JS is this:  javascript:pn('rb2d2xp');

I just checked the software and can't see anything obviously wrong.  So I decided to go to the phpBB Main Community  This is the center of the universe when it comes to phpBB and all it deals with.  The poster's name doesn't work there either.  I tried this in both Opera and IE5.5...

So I'm assuming that the member name in the View form has never worked or never was designed to work unless I find otherwise...

headbang
PostPosted: 10/19/2004 3:15 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Not to nitpick or split hairs but at the phpBB forum the member name is dead, plain text, doesn't show any sign of being a hyperlink.  

However, in this forum the member name does appear for all the world like a hyperlink. It's blue and when I place the cursor over it, it turns red and the cursor becomes a hand.

Also as bigR pointed out, when the cursor is placed over the member's name ... like yours for instance ... the message that appears in the left of the progress bar at the bottom of the screen says;  Javascript:pn('Knightrider'):

Shall we make a huge issue over this and run this thread to 150 messages?  Wouldn't that be fun?   And that's another thing, it doesn't look to me like enough messages appear on one page.  Is that done to make the page loader faster, is it a default and can it be changed.   I notice in some forums the messages seem to go on forever but on most message boards there are only 10 or 12 at most showing on each page.  

Lets see what else can I bitch about?  LOL

Smile
PostPosted: 10/19/2004 4:05 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
rb2d2xp wrote:
Not to nitpick or split hairs but at the phpBB forum the member name is dead, plain text, doesn't show any sign of being a hyperlink.  

However, in this forum the member name does appear for all the world like a hyperlink. It's blue and when I place the cursor over it, it turns red and the cursor becomes a hand.

Also as bigR pointed out, when the cursor is placed over the member's name ... like yours for instance ... the message that appears in the left of the progress bar at the bottom of the screen says;  Javascript:pn('Knightrider'):

You can see in my pictures above that I don't see any of what your saying.  The text is plain black and remains so even with the cursor hovering over it.  There is no javascript code appearing in my Status bar either.  It is not even pretending to be a hyperlink for me and the same applies on the phpBB forum as well.  So if the functionality isn't there and never has been, I can't possibly explain what you are seeing, especially since I can't reproduce it on my PC...

Perhaps if you really want the Member Name to be a hyperlink to something, I can try to figure it out.  But without a MOD to do it, it will be a lot of work for very little gain.  I'm not sure it is high on my priority list at this point...

rb2d2xp wrote:
Shall we make a huge issue over this and run this thread to 150 messages?  Wouldn't that be fun?   And that's another thing, it doesn't look to me like enough messages appear on one page.  Is that done to make the page loader faster, is it a default and can it be changed.   I notice in some forums the messages seem to go on forever but on most message boards there are only 10 or 12 at most showing on each page.

First you're crying in your milk about how slow the pages load on your BROADBAND connection and now you're here whining about too few posts per page.  I'm going to have to beat you with a wet noodle if you keep this up.  I can adjust the number of posts per page to any number.  I think I will change it to just 1 post per page.  How's that sound?  Each page should load really fast then...  LOL

rb2d2xp wrote:
Lets see what else can I bitch about?  LOL  Smile

Don't make me come over there young lady...

headbang
PostPosted: 10/19/2004 5:24 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
One post per page!!!!  Are you nutso?

I have sent you screen shots of what I see via email.  And I know I'm not the only one, bigR sees the same thing.  

The %&*$#@  thing dosn't have to work, we were just wonder why it was there and why it wasn't working, and should it be working, and did it ever work, and why would we even want it to work?

We have the same D*** option on the right of the screen when the page is in the index mode!  So there, put  THAT in your pipe and smoke it!

Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> How To