alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Virtual tour
Goto page: Previous  1, 2
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC Add To Bookmarks
Re: Virtual tour
PostPosted: 04/09/2012 5:35 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 4:49 AM
usaCa.gif
QTS timer - that site installed something on my c, spyware or a trojan it looks like.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 04/09/2012 5:54 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
Well about 20-30 minutes later it finally stopped with the activity light. I don't know what it installed but it slowed my pc down to a crawl the whole time. I hope its alright.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 04/09/2012 6:10 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 2:49 PM
texasC.gif
I don't know what happened, Dave, but the site appears to be safe.  It's put up by the Houston Newspaper and is a news article.  I just went there and no negative effects.  I know of at least two other people, who I emailed the link to, have been to that site and no negative effects.

But I will remove the link anyway.

Did you run a full virus scan with a good updated scanner?  Did it find anything?  If you figure out the problem let me know.  I don't think there is a Quick Time virus but it could be.

Maybe uninstall Quick Time and see if that helps. I'm almost on my way out but see if you can find a Quick Time forum and post your experience, see if anyone has experienced the same.

dontknow
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 04/09/2012 10:45 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Check this out Dave:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic359566.html

It might be that Quick Time was updating but I don't understand why it would crash your PC.  Look around in the preferences and see if you have Quick Time to update automatically.

dontknow
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 04/11/2012 5:13 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
My computers alright now rb. I don't know what it was trying to install, but this has happened to a lot of people on websites. I heard the same symptoms. It tries to load, but after a few minutes it still hasn't loaded and when I tried to close it out it fought back. I tried end the task it and started repeated end task over and over and it closed everything I had open but it still kept trying to install something. I had to wait about 30 minutes for it to finish before I got my pc back at normal speed. Most people can't hear their pc when its active and activity is going but I can so I knew just to give it time.

I have had trouble with quicktime before. It likes to infiltrate your pc and it has taken over all my media files and configured them to open in qt. So it was going all through my files I believe, but after 30 minutes nothing was changed, that I know of.

others
PostPosted: 04/11/2012 8:12 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Gosh you're right a lot of people having a problem with Quick Time.  In preferences I have Quick Time to update automatically but to be honest I can't even remember the last time it updated.  Unless it has done it without me knowing it.  Might be a good thing if you turned off automatic update in the Quick Time preferences since an update does such a number on your PC.  I think I would avoid that if possible.

Anyway I'm glad everything is OK now.

blob8
PostPosted: 04/16/2012 5:54 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
I don't get qt updates. I wouldn't even have it on any of the pc's but I needed it for my adobe movie software. My pcs have a lot of content and I work with tons of photos so I do notice when my activity is going on. It seldom is running strong on the web, that was rare. It only does that when I get windows updates or something and I have to stop my work so I don't have a crash and lose my work. So on that site I waited and waited and it took 30 minutes to finish what ever it was doing.  .
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC