Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index
alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
[Solved] email admin on new register
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
[Solved] email admin on new register
PostPosted: 05/25/2007 10:10 AM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Mar 20, 2006
Local time: 4:39 PM
usaCa.gif
Installing this went fine till it got to the SQL part

The 2 lines in the mod shows
Code:
# Remember to change the table prefix used on your database
INSERT INTO `test_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ( 'notify_admin_new_reg', '1' );
INSERT INTO `test_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ( 'notify_admin_new_reg_userid', '2' );


I only see one semi-colon in the mod but the SQL is halted because of an error and looking at both SQL lines the only thing I can see is at the end of both lines there are 2 ;;

I havn't hit complete install yet want to know whether to change something or ignore or what?
Back to Top
View user's profile Find all posts by KeeKee Send private message   Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Re: email admin on new register
PostPosted: 05/25/2007 3:34 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30757
Word Cnt. 2,628,690
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 5:39 PM
Location: St Pete, FL
peace.gif
What is the error being reported?  That would give a better clue of what to look for...

dontknow
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Re: [Solved] email admin on new register
PostPosted: 05/25/2007 8:36 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Mar 20, 2006
Local time: 4:39 PM
usaCa.gif
It's FIXED!

The error was exactly the lines in the code I gave above except they had 2 semi colons at the end instead of one like the mod had but I ran it a couple more times and finally got an error that said table did not exist I checked and found that mine is testconfig not test_config. took out the underscore and it went in.

I am curious though. I have an email newregister@ that I want the email to go to then it gets forwarded to my gmail acct so I get within minutes notification in my system tray no going to the website to check.

My wonder is ... Can I set up an email just for this to go to like above or does it have to just to to the regular webmaster email acct.

And if I can set up one just for that.......
If I send all boards new registers to that address would I know which board the new register is on. I don't know how the email is worded.  Or would I have to set up an email address for each board?
Back to Top
View user's profile Find all posts by KeeKee Send private message   Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Re: email admin on new register
PostPosted: 05/26/2007 12:57 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30757
Word Cnt. 2,628,690
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 5:39 PM
Location: St Pete, FL
peace.gif
Here in RCF, I installed the Send Email Notification to Multiple users on New Registration  add-on MOD so that the registration notification will be sent to whomever I choose.  So the email would go to the email addy that you have chosen in the designated account profiles...



So in the example above, the email notification is going to two people, User ID 2 and 3, which is Rosalie and me...

headbang
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Re: [Solved] email admin on new register
PostPosted: 05/26/2007 9:56 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Mar 20, 2006
Local time: 4:39 PM
usaCa.gif
OH COOL!  that would solve the delima.  I don't really want all the webmaster stuff in my gmail.
Thanks!
Back to Top
View user's profile Find all posts by KeeKee Send private message   Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Re: email admin on new register
PostPosted: 05/26/2007 9:58 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30757
Word Cnt. 2,628,690
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 5:39 PM
Location: St Pete, FL
peace.gif
You're welcome.  I don't like everything going to webmaster either, so this was a nice find...

Applause
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
 Post new topic  Reply to topic
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1


Add To Bookmarks

 
  
  


  Google

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Page generation time: 0.0545s (PHP: 74% - SQL: 26%) - SQL queries: 46 - GZIP disabled - Debug on