Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index
alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Quick Admin
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
Quick Admin
PostPosted: 05/23/2007 10:28 AM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Mar 20, 2006
Local time: 12:39 PM
usaCa.gif
Testing the mod.....
After changing permissions you have the choice of return to user's profile or return to Admin Index.
Going back to user's profile works fine but if you click return to Admin Index you go to the Index page with the exception there is no left hand pane. You get Welcome, Forum, Version part of page which is stretched across whole page.

Once this morn I went to the admin Index and the left pane did show up but the next time it did not.
Even clicking refresh didnt bring it up.

So something is only letting it work once in a blue moon mostly not.
Back to Top
View user's profile Find all posts by KeeKee Send private message   Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Re: Quick Admin
PostPosted: 05/24/2007 12:43 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30757
Word Cnt. 2,628,690
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 1:39 PM
Location: St Pete, FL
peace.gif
I tried this in Opera, Firefox, and IE and it worked correctly every time in all three browsers.  Hopefully after you reboot, it will work correctly for you too...

dontknow
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Re: Quick Admin
PostPosted: 05/24/2007 4:40 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Mar 20, 2006
Local time: 12:39 PM
usaCa.gif
Well yes it works fine in Opera and Firefox but not always in IE so I'm chalking it up to an IE6 problem.
The other admin uses Firefox so no problem for her.
Back to Top
View user's profile Find all posts by KeeKee Send private message   Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Re: Quick Admin
PostPosted: 05/25/2007 12:01 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30757
Word Cnt. 2,628,690
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 1:39 PM
Location: St Pete, FL
peace.gif
I've tried this about a dozen times using IE6 without any trouble.  What are the steps that you take that lead up to having a problem?  What I'm doing is click on Profile, then click on the Edit User's Profile option, then Submit in the Profile Edit page, then I click on the Admin link and it returns me to the ACP.  Everything seems to be displaying as it should each time too...

dontknow
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Re: Quick Admin
PostPosted: 05/25/2007 3:01 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Mar 20, 2006
Local time: 12:39 PM
usaCa.gif
Hummm it pulled it up 4-5 times today.  I was clicking mostly on the permissions link.
I did clear not just temp internet files but cookies also and rebooted yesterday and it still wasn't acting right.

I'm beginning to think it's my computer, I had a major crash and had to reformat it and it's been doing a couple weird things so far.
Maybe this is a problem in the browser.  When I go to my host control panel with the other browsers I can go thru pages without a hitch but when I use IE it's frustrating because I have to back up and re-click on things because I am constantly getting the page cannot be displayed. And sometimes when I go to a boards control panel I get the same error sometimes in one pane and sometimes in both panes.
Back to Top
View user's profile Find all posts by KeeKee Send private message   Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Re: Quick Admin
PostPosted: 05/25/2007 3:47 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30757
Word Cnt. 2,628,690
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 1:39 PM
Location: St Pete, FL
peace.gif
Yes, I am leaning toward believing that you have a problem on your PC too.  It sounds like something might not have gone well with the reinstall.  If you're not too far along, you might want to try starting over again.  Usually if I don't get a clean install of an OS without any errors along the way, I keep starting over until everything goes smoothly.  Since M$ has chosen to integrate IE with the OS, if IE isn't working correctly, then you are sure to have other things that don't work well either...

Brick wall
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
 Post new topic  Reply to topic
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1


Add To Bookmarks

 
  
  


  Google

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Page generation time: 0.0477s (PHP: 79% - SQL: 21%) - SQL queries: 46 - GZIP disabled - Debug on